Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Boston - The First Three in Japanese Pressings


BOSTON - When the first album came out, there just hadn't been anything sounding like it before. Even that "better music through science" campaign couldn't obscure the fact that this was just great rock. This one's in mini-LP format, and they've used the best remaster (Tom Scholz's own 2006 version) for this great Japanese pressing.



DON'T LOOK BACK - Not as cohesive an album as the first, but there's still some great stuff on here. Again, this is the mini-LP format.



THIRD STAGE - It was a long wait for this one--largely due to legal hassles, and only marginally worth it. This one's one of those great SHM-CD issues, and sounds simply fantastic.

LINKS



ON ANOTHER NOTE...
I wanted to bring this one up before someone else does. I named this blog Rock Import not only because I specialize in them, but to emphasize the import of rock. There'll be times I post U.S. pressings or bootlegs, simply because they're interesting, hard to find, or both. I think you'll like what's offered.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I was hoping you would consider possibly re-uploading these Boston remasters, especially Third Stage (as you know, the US original pressing has a horrible tinny sound, LOL). I've been wanting to check them out, and can't find them posted anywhere on the web until now. All the links I have clicked are down, though. If you have a wants list, I can look at it and see if there's anything I have that you are looking for. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete